The firm spans almost the entire history of the State, having been founded in 1953 in Jerusalem by the late Erwin S. Shimron – Israel’s second Attorney-General, and having operated continuously for the nearly 60 years since then.
Erwin Shimron was active – both in his public roles and in a private capacity – throughout the first decades of Israel’s existence in pioneering certain areas of law, including with regard to property and natural resources, public law, taxation law, corporate law and white-collar criminal law. By the late 1970s the firm had developed into one of the largest in Jerusalem (it still is) with an additional office in Tel Aviv and a well-established practice in both civil and criminal law. Shimron himself served, among others roles, as the Chair of the Public Investigation Committee into Organized Crime in Israel.
After the untimely passing of Erwin Shimron in 1978, the firm continued its development primarily in the civil and commercial areas of law, in both Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, strengthening the professional standards which characterize the firm since its establishment.
In recent years the firm has expanded both in personnel and in office size while maintaining its friendly and collegiate feel.